Listen To The Worm

Monday, July 24, 2006




Treading blistering heat, a mother and an anunt clucking like chickenspushy tourists in a hurry to fill their bags with thneeds, what an adventure, yep I am sure you have had the same experience, some small town cashing in on tourisum with shops peddling cool hip t-shirts with wacked out sayings, the prank cards and trinkets you give to relatives you dislike, or the never ending battle of "I gotya" at birthdays and X-mas parties, pottery shops, spice and food shops, and of course cheese, what would Wisconsin be without cheese shops? The higlight of the trip? Why the National Natural Freshwater Fishing Hall of Fame Museum, Yep thats right, ( the logging days contest is this weekend) http://http://www.freshwater-fishing.org/ The Fishing Museum was actually pretty cool after all where could you see an albino catfish caught back in the 30's ?
or a devil fish? if you are into Boat Motors chances are you will find heaven, "Yep thye got the best damn collection of boat motors this side of the Pacific"

For children there are the fish swings fish tetertotters....remember those as kids and jumping off on the other person? and of course fishing , the downside is the fish are too small to keep, but great fun for the kids....whatever their age, after several unsuccessful attempts my son talked me into fishing for him and after several successful landings I "retired" due to complaining children and ticked off parents with no luck I figured I better quit befor I was on the hook next. All in all Hayward is a decent stop and close to the ever elusive Al Capone Hideout which I have yet to make it to. I feel this IS the year to finally make the pilgramage, but in style of course, the only problem is finding a Fedora or a Derby that fits a 4 year old. So how does a Pink Taco fit into this? and NO you perverts I am not talking about a woman's anatomy, althought there were a few cuties there, I was hungry for Tacos and the Pink Taco kept popping into my head so I ended up settling for a Taco Salad, with Wisconsin Chese of course.

1 Comments:

At 4:40 PM, Blogger justacoolcat said...

Remember our trips into that area?

A bit different, except for the trinket shops and liquor stores.

Must be the weekend for Hayward, a coworker took the day off and is there for the weekend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home