Listen To The Worm

Friday, September 22, 2006

Wintertime Blues



A wonderful drive along the back roads and streets and a pit stop along Gitchigumi, listening to the waves slap up on the rocks the cold stinging of water hitting my face as the wind blows brings me back to a time gone by, another place, another life, well perhaps just another person back then, the sound of wiper blades and glow of street lights makes a surreal back drop to some trippy opiate induced or inspired film, missing is this fog and the girl on the street corner in the bus stop in the miniskirt, just pants tonight honey...... I drive home in a daze with such songs as Wintertime Blues, Here Comes The Rain, Riders On The Storm, Not Now John, The Power Of Good Bye, and Territorial Pissing guide me as a beacon guides an airline onto the tarmac and then to the gate. Autumn is a strange bedfellow, every year I dread it's coming(with the exception of the colors and Halloween) because it is to say good bye to the outdoor flora and fauna for another season, yet it gives me some inner energy that I cannot explain or put into words. Now I shall Drift off to dreamland with the soothing sounds of roger Waters and Nick Mason playing some cuts from Dark Side of The Moon and The Wall from a 2006 concert in Paris, France

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home