Listen To The Worm

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Greyhound

While online tonight and doing a bit of programming for Radio Clandestino I was listening to some other stations there was this ad for Greyhound Bus, and coincidentally This very company was started and founded not too far north of here in the city of Hibbing on the " Iron Range" and it brings back memories of ridding the bus, I once traveled to Auburn, California with my grandparents the summer before going into the 6Th grade, as my grandfather and grandmother on my mother's side were poor and lower income background they could not afford to fly, it was my first real taste of adventure and travel, oh sure I had been to Thunder Bay ,Canada, and Wisconsin but this was a real trip across country and to tell you the truth is was better than flying as you see oh so much more, we were going to visit my aunt, (grandmother's sister) uncle, and cousins I didn't know, since then I experienced traveling to Minnesota from Seattle and back again, this was a very Sukey trip but never the less interesting, as well as took some to Minneapolis and back to Cloquet, with the cost of airfare these days I think perhaps Greyhound will pick up more customers again , for those where time and immediate gratification are not a concern, which leads me to my point, after seeing the ad it makes me want to go hop a bus to some destination I have never been to, stay a night or two then come home, just for the experience, something to do, since the ex is taking my boy to C.D. Juarez for a moth to visit family, maybe I will take a few days off and go for a ride.....

Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 4:31 PM, Blogger Megan said...

Don't go to Auburn right now. There Be Fires.

I once went from LA to Seattle by Greyhound. It took forever.

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger Splinkster said...

well I have NO plans to go to Cali for quite a while, and I'm sure your trip took just about as long as my trip from Seattle to Minnesota then the trip back again......but it was interesting....

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger LILLA LINA said...

Thank you. I really like your presentation. You have quite great taste in music. I guess you don't understand I word I've written in the blog though ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home