Listen To The Worm

Friday, November 24, 2006

The Day After

The Day after Thanksgiving and for some, the question is "What is there to give thanks for?" as for me I was thankful for being able to spend it with my son and family, then it was off to deliver a fresh pumpkin pie from home-grown pumpkins to some friends, we had good conversation, and my son enjoyed playing with their children, popping in for some pie and a visit was my friend's district Rep and our acting Chairman who was always good for a laugh and a few tall tales. Once Home I had to fix my son some Thanksgiving leftovers for his late dinner and then we played the Scooby Doo game for about an hour , then got our Spongebob video fix and headed off to bead with the melodic tunes of Los Carayos and Hot Pants ( what can I say my son is a Manu Chao Junkie) although he only lasted thru the first 3 Los Carayos songs and I about 5 or 6. As for today it was a wonderful warm day and I enjoyed a nice leisurely drive up the north shore, then off to the grocery store, ahh yes what a wonderful day for shopping, the grocery store was empty as though going shopping on a Tuesday night due to all the Christmas shoppers, guess the xmas frenzy is good for some things. But the traffic was nuts, and I can imagine what the stores were like, I seen parking lot after parking lot jammed full of cars and I wondered..."Did these people even celebrate thanksgiving? If so they obviously lost the meaning just as Christmas no longer means anything other than spend spend spend and charge charge charge. No wonder we are the most hated country in the world. But then life goes on, and so do taxes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home