Listen To The Worm

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Bring On The Clowns







As I sit here relaxing from a nice week in the Jet City, I was reading the weird news and listening to Deadbolt and surprise surprise....



a story about clowns, guess Patches is pretty pissed off at someone.






The trip was an excellent break form the Minnesota winter, a typical Seattle winter day greeted us as we arrived, nice and rainy, temp in the upper 30's. after a crampet full flight it was nice to streach my legs in the limo, nothing like pulling up to the Edgewater in style.






checking in went pretty fast a then up ta my room, to quickly drop off my bags, meet the boss downstairs in the lobby then it was off to Ivars and playing tour guide ( boss appointed me to show him around the city) as we walked along the waterfront with a slight drizzle, it was such a dissappointment to see all the new condos and radison hotel along Alaskan way blocking the view of looking up at the city, when I was last here it was parking lots, rail tracks and black berry bushes. Once at Ivars, my boss decided we should eat inside the "dinner" area of the restraunt, rather than the fast food area, I feasted on a bowl of clam chowder, and deep fried oysters with a redhook to wash it down.






then a jaunt thru Pikes Place Market and off to radioshack for a new camera battery as mine was going dead. we then caught the monorail to the space needle for a tour. the winds that day were about 40 mph so the elevator was operating at only half normal speed which was great for video taping, as for the walk outside, there is nothing like being 600 feet up in the air and having a blast of 40+ mph wind hit you never the less I fought the winds and snapped some shots, I only wish it had been a clear day so my boss could have seen the Olympic and Cascade mountains from the tower, however he enjoyed himself, then it was down and a stroll around the center area before taking the train back and a jaunt thru the market before we headed back to the hotel, I took a quick shower and met up at the restraunt-bar where we dined. After the meal I returned to my room and relaxed to some mp3 jamz, the fireplace, and some pear cider watching the rain and night life outside my window. Ahh Yes day one, what a great day, a great day to be back.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 5:32 PM, Blogger justacoolcat said...

That looks like a pretty damn good time. Call me asap.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home