Listen To The Worm

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Garden Update July 19 08 Part III









The first Photo is of my Sword bean, a variety of japanese Morning Glory, Chocolate Runner Bean, and Achora vine . Normally these would be two to three times the size they are now.
The Second photo is the flower of my " Wild Greek Pea" Notice what such beautiful colors these peas have when you compare them to your typical garden pea, so not only do you get peas for soup but also a beautiful ornamental, they are enjoying the cool nights and not so hot days this season.
The Third Photo is of a Black Runner Bean flowering another grea garden crop that makes a beautiful ornamental as well as great for attracting humming birds and bees.
Here is a photo of some of my "bread seed" poppies I planted the wrong mix this year and only have three varieties growing out of my collecion of about 15 I really miss the whites and violets, as you can see most have already bloomed I have a photo of a beautiful graden of reds and pinks but I misplaced my digital camera so I had to use the video camera for this post.

























Here are some fresh photos of some of what I planted this year, however many of my plantings are very slow this year due to first a wec cold pring and the moth of July has not been very hot as previous years especially at night as the temps have been dipping down into the very low 60's as well as many nights in the 50's, now this is great if you are growing peas, broccoli,cabbage etc, but for squash,pumpkins,melons beans especially the pole varities and maiz then warm nights are very important. However the Rain Gods have been generous this month by dratmatically cutting down on my watering this past month,

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home