Listen To The Worm

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Cactus Update I









Here are some photos of some of my seedlings that were transplanted about 2 months ago as well as new growth from this year in a cutting I planted last year although it is hard to see in photo this new growth is about 3 inches long and about 4 inches in diameter , note all this grew in in a little over a month time frame. I shall soon post a photo of my successful grafting of a much slower cactus species to the rootstock of a faster growing species, when I first did the graft the top part was smaller than a US dime and now it is larger than a US quarter, in other words about 2 years growth in two months! I shall soon try the same technique this weekend with the Organ Pipe Cactus (also a slow growing species) and see if I am successful. note...plastic ziplock bags contain new seedlings that are sprouting.






Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 2:57 AM, Blogger Aiyana said...

Looking good! You have more patience than I do. I love cacti, but do not like to propagate because it takes so long. Good luck with your collection. Stop by sometime and check out my collection.
Aiyana

 

Post a Comment

<< Home