Listen To The Worm

Monday, July 21, 2008

Saturday July 19th I





























Ok this post was a bit late...
The 1st photo is my salad mix harvested from my gardens comprising of... lettuce mix, amaranth leaves from a mix of strains, dill, nasturtium leaves, violet petals, radish flowers and seed pods, kale leaves, Egyptian walking onion stems and peppercini peppers I sprinkled rye cracker and cheese on top with chopped up pepperoni .
the following four photos are some of my many "bread seed" poppies I have in my collection,
The last two photos are of a way to grow tomatoes as well as a way to save space, I came across this great invention several years ago in some garden magazine, now since then you found some inventor who started selling panted " growing bags" for everything from flowers and strawberries to tomato plants, although the grow bags are more " cosmetic " and pleasing to the eye than a bucket, however I still prefer this method as I can get the buckets for free and grow other crops on top as pictured here,,, I have Dill, Amaranth, Basil, and a Cabbage plant, in previous years I have successfully grown Zucchini Squash, Cucumbers, Broccoli, Beans, Carrots, as well as various flowers and vines.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 10:22 AM, Blogger James said...

Not bad, although I wonder about the "bread seed" poppies. You mean you got those seeds off bread??

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger Splinkster said...

no you use them for cooking, they were brought over by the Perkins family from Europe who cleared the land and homesteaded my late grandparents place, I also have collected other seeds from various sources including some my uncle brought back from Viet Nam during the late 60's

 

Post a Comment

<< Home